1. Read our Frequently Asked Questions, review requirements and eligibility.
2. Visit NY Dream Act website and register yourself to begin the application (Make sure to write down your login information!)
3. When you Log In, click “Add New Application” to begin.
4. Answer the questions to verify your eligibility. You will need to enter your Social Security or TIN number.
Please note, if any of the information below is true for you, you do not qualify for the Dream ACT and instead, should fill out a FAFSA application to receive financial aid:
- You are a United States Citizen, a U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident
- Your Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) shows one of the following designations:
- “Asylum Granted”
- “Cuban or Haitian Entrant”
- “Conditional Entrant” (granted before April 1, 1980)
- Victims of Human trafficking, T-Visa holder (T-2, T-3, or T-4, etc.)
- You are a Refugee Resettlement Parolee (with evidence from USCIS that you are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intend to become a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident)
- You are a “qualified” Battered Immigrant
- You are a citizen of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, or Swain’s Island.
5. Proceed with application questions.
6. Upload your supporting documents. This will depend on your unique case and status.
7. Submit your application.